It is currently 19 Apr 2024 16:34

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Hi My Name Is Nic. Nice to meet all you fellow Trancers.
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2013 22:13 

Thanks for allowing me to be apart of your community. I hope I can be a valuable part of it. I'm been studying the art & science of Trance for over 12 years. And I'm trying to reach out more to my peers, future mentors, and fans through this site.

(:thnx)
Nicolas Alexander

-- 14 Feb 2013 22:34 --

Just a little more information about myself. I'm 35 year old male. From a place called Kalamazoo, MI, USA. I'm one of the few Trance fans in my area. I'm geographically located half way between Chicago, IL, USA and Detroit, MI, USA. So my area is over saturated with House and Techno. So I've really had to search to find music and other fans. Most of the club nights, events, and festival only book House, Techno, and most recently Dubstep. So I usually have to travel great distances to see my favorite Trance DJ's or to play out. Unfortunately with the changes in time. A few recent experiences were disappointing. Since the DJ's/Producers I have loved over time. Have now adjusted their styles to the trends. I would do anything to get into a time machine. To go back and hear them playing Classic Uplifting/Uptempo Trance, Psytrance, and GOA. The new style of Compextro Trouse just doesn't satisfy my/wants and needs as a fan or a DJ.

-- 14 Feb 2013 22:41 --

My record collection for the most part. Has been accumulated by ordering from the U.K. To be able to find and play the tracks I love. Domestic Record stores only cater to the top of the charts. And my country has very few good labels. That aren't just purchasing the rights to something that is already popular elsewhere.
Due to the cost of importing most of my collection. Approximately 6-7 years ago I switched over to digital control interfaces. Which is just easier for me to purchase my favorite tracks through download sites. Than pay absorb-anent shipping fees. Which one of the final straws. Was receiving warped/damaged records. Then having to pay to ship them back. Just to receive them warped/damaged again. So my best investment was purchasing Final Scratch 2.0/Traktor which I still use today. I have yet felt a need to purchase anything newer. Since all I need is for the program to get the MP3 to the turntable platter. The only thing the newer software's offer is sync function (which I am against) and other bells and whistles. That I never really needed.

-- 14 Feb 2013 22:49 --

My dream is to some day have the opportunity to experience Trance outside of the US. At festivals, nightclubs, events around the world. The country I live in really lacks the culture, energy/vibe, and people. That makes Trance so unique. Also my grandfather was born in England before coming here. So I would like to see where my heritage originates. I could always tell from my tastes in music and movies that my soul is from the U.K.

Post subject: Re: Hi My Name Is Nic. Nice to meet all you fellow Trancers.
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2013 23:06 
B2T BOSS

Nice one mate. Thanks for a rich intro and please have a nice stay here. :) You wouldn't believe, but this forum origins in states from middle of Europe - Slovakia with great help from Czech republic and Poland ;)

Image Image

IN CASE OF DEAD LINKS USE " ! " = REPORT FEATURE IN THE RIGHT BOTTOM OF A POST

PM ME or REPORT A TOPIC IN CASE YOU NEED MOAR MIRRORS..

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2013 23:24 

I know a few DJ's from my home town. That found a lot of success and fun. Playing in Poland and other European Countries. For me its not where, its who. People that love Trance are every where. And websites like this are an opportunity to reach out further. Right now I am mainly trying to establish an audience for a weekly webcast show. With live video, visuals, and audio.

So thank you again for being here. I'm glad I found you.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2013 22:18 

Hi,welcome AIT.
Nice story, i can understand your problem.
and good that you now dont have to order vinyls anymore which sometimes can arrive damaged.
anyways, wish you a good time here.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2013 00:51 

Nice to meet you Tranzymind. I hope to get to know you better. Along with the others here.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2013 18:03 

Nice presentation AIT, welcome to the site. You sound like someone who's committed. We like peeps like that, enjoy your time with us! ;)

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013 17:54 

https://soundcloud.com/nic-westover

Plenty of new stuff posted. Would really appreciate the feedback.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2013 01:54 

I'm quite keen on the Untitled House track.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]